As a young singer and multi-instrumentalist, Aspen Jacobsen has a natural gift for engaging her audience and capturing their hearts. Aspen's musical journey is rooted in folk, blues and pop. Her passion for creativity and self-expression has led her to multiple disciplines in the performing arts including music, theatre and dance.
Aspen's insight and compassion are beyond her 15 years. Aspen aspires to emotionally touch people through her soulful voice. She feels deeply and passionately and finds music a comforting and empowering avenue for self-expression. Aspen has an innate desire to connect with people when performing and whole-heartedly believes that music can heal the world.
Aspen's second album, Love Each Other Right was released November 2019. Previously, Aspen released her self-titled debut EP in October 2018 and contributed two tracks to the Michigan Christmas Album in December 2018.
Aspen has been the proud recipient of several music scholarships.
- Interlochen Arts Academy to attend the Singer-Songwriter program fall of 2020
- Great Lakes Music Camp to attend guitar, mandolin, fiddle and songwriting workshops in 2018 & 2019
- Folk Alliance Region Midwest (FARM) to attend their conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan in October 2018.
- Northern Michigan Songwriters in the Round to support traditional music lessons from April to June 2018
- Wheatland Music Organization’s Elyce Fishman Scholarship Fund to support Delta style slide guitar, flatpicked guitar, mandolin with traditional music from January 2018 to present